AJCC SUMMER PROGRAMS 2013
2013 KJA Camp Brochure
MCDC is Knoxville’s oldest & first ACA accredited camp!
For nearly fifty years we have been the camp of choice for day camp for Knoxville families regardless of race, creed, ethnicity or religion. Come and see what so many campers and their parents are raving about.2013 Camp Brochure
2013 SIGN UP for a Summer of Fun
See below for 2013's Significant Registration Policies
SUMMER POOL/TENNIS MEMBERSHIP - Printable Form This form should be completed by those wishing to join the AJCC as Summer Pool and Tennis members. This membership is from May 1 to September 30 each summer. Fees are listed on the forms.
Milton Collins Day Camp ( Kindergarten – 10th grade) - Registration form for children that will be enrolled in Kindergarten through 10th grade in the fall of 2013. See MCDC box below for parents handbook and confirmation letter. printable form .
Camp K'Tonton (14 months – Pre-Kindergarten) - Registration form for children that will be 14 months of age through pre-kindergarten in the fall of 2013. Space is limited, please contact Melissa Schweitzer prior to completing the registration form and paying fees. 2013 printable form .
AJCC ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FORM - 2013 Printable pdf file.
Fee Adjustment Request FORM - To be completed by those requesting special fee adjustments for registration activities at the Knoxville Jewish Alliance/Arnstein Jewish Community Center.
KJA Scholarship Application - call office for form - To be completed by those requesting scholarship grants for activities, such as over night camps, youth travel programs, youth leadership seminars and opportunities and not located at the KJA/AJCC.
Significant Registration Policies
1. Camp rates have been simplified with one published rate for each camp.
2. Membership status determines your discount rate from the published rate.
3. All summer fees receive published membership and sibling discount rates (including registration and extended care fees).
4. Camp Extended Care Policy:
5. ALL SUMMER FEES MUST BE SECURED WITH A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD OR CHECKING/SAVINGS ACCOUNT. Fees not paid by the appropriate due dates indicated on invoices will be charged to the secured payment information required on each camp registration form. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) will be utilized to process all automated payments as well as payments for fees that are in arrears.
6. All charges will be invoiced (transmitted) by E-mail to the account listed on the registration forms. Sufficient time (7 days) will provide the financially responsible party to review each billing and make the appropriate payment before the due date of each weekly session. Should you fail to process the payment by the due date, you authorize KJA on the registration form to utilize the secure payment information to process your fee payment utilizing EFT.
7. Milton Collins Day Camp provides a 3 day program available to rising Kindergarten children ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS!
8. Change Specific to Camp K’Tonton: Two (2) day programs are no longer available. They do not permit the child enough time with staff to bond appropriately.
K'Ton Ton Summer Themes 2013
A FAIRY TALES SUMMER
Week 1 May 28-31 Where is K'Ton Ton?
Week 2 June 3-7 Gingerbread Man
Week 3 June 10-14 Hansel and Gretel
Week 4 June 17-24 Jack and the Beanstalk
Week 5 June 24-28 The Frog Prince
Week 6 July 1-5 Cinderella Around the World
Week 7 July 8-12 The Three Little Pigs
Week 8 July 15-19 Goldilocks & The Three Bears
Week 9 July 22-26 Billy Goat's Gruff
Week 10 July 28-Aug. 2 Build Your Own Fairy Tale
Camp K’Ton Ton ends on August 2.more
Milton Collins Day Camp
Summer Themes 2013
Week 1 May 28-31 Fiesta Week
Week 2 June 3-7 Superhero Week
Week 3 June 10-14 70's Week
Week 4 June 17-24 Shark Week
Week 5 June 24-28 Mysteries of the Universe
Week 6 July 1-5 Carnival Week
Week 7 July 8-12 Adventure Week
Week 8 July 15-19 Fairy Take Week
Week 9 July 22-26 Spsorts Around the World
Week 10 July 28-Aug. 2 MCDC Legendary Color Wars!
Week 11 Aug. 5-9 Mystery Week
MCDC ends on August 9.more
The Most Fun Under the Sun
Welcome to another summer of “The Most Fun Under the Sun”! The American Camping Association accredited Milton Collins Day Camp and the Department of Human Services licensed-Camp K’ton ton are fired up and ready for another fantastic season, and we would love to have you join us. Whether you are joining us for the first time or as a returning camp family, the 2013 season offers enjoyment and excitement for everyone. While many favorite activities and traditional programs will return, this summer will also include new experiences for all age groups.
We are excited to announce that registration is now available online. You may access our registration forms through our website at www.jewishknoxville.org. If you are a returning friend of camp, you may note that a few changes have been made for the upcoming summer in order to provide the BEST quality experience possible for you and your campers.
Please note that there are some small differences between Milton Collins and Camp K’ton ton registration and attendance. These differences are in place to provide for the developmental needs of each age group. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to request additional information. We welcome the chance to talk with you at any time about ways to enhance your child’s camp experience.
There is no better way to spend the warm summer months than spending time with friends at our swimming pool, tennis courts and playing on our extensive grounds! We hope to see you soon!
This year's camp directors are Sarah Price, Stephanie Levin and Margaret Googe, Milton Collins Directors and Melissa Schweitzer, Camp K’ton ton Director.